Need help writing your own wedding vows ~ I've got you covered ~ click here.
A few fun facts about me
- I LOVE action packed movies. That means suspense, high intensity, fighting, pure action. No chick flicks please - except for Bridesmaids, that was a good movie.
- I LOVE football. I was a volunteer at the Houston Super Bowl LI in 2017. My god-father played in the NFL for the Houston Oilers (Love Ya Blue) and I grew up watching and attending football games my whole life. I once wanted to play on a female powder puff team but my husband was against it said, "those women will eat you alive."
- I'm loyal to a fault. If I say I'm going to do something I will move heaven and earth to keep my word.
- After college I moved away from home with two guys and a U-Haul truck from Texas to Florida. I had no place to stay and no job. I lived there for eight years.
- I grew up having a major crush on Prince. I'm so sad he's no longer with us.
- I'm extremely progressive. I always have a project going on. I have to stay busy making moves.
- One of my best characteristics is that I have a knack for using good judgement. I think things through, weigh my options and consequences and execute.
- I'm a child at heart and can be very silly at times.
- I made the decision years ago not to have any children. It was simply a choice that was right for me. However, I absolutely love children and have a degree in Child Psychology.
- I'm extremely sensitive (an empath) and I have a heightened sense of intuition and can easily internalize the feelings and emotions from others.
- I'm very low maintenance. I do my own manicures and pedicures. I don't find pleasure going to the nail salon. I hate doing my hair.
- I grew up being a tomboy. Even to this day, I prefer pants over dresses and jeans, t-shirt and a baseball cap is even better.
- My favorite television show is the Golden Girls. I've seen every episode at least 20 times.
- I used to get in trouble at school for daydreaming, looking out the window and not paying attention in class.
- I grew up being shy, timid and never saying anything. But NOW, I'm all the way live and I will let you know exactly how I feel. LOL.
- I'm divorced and remarried. I should have known my first marriage wouldn't last when we couldn't get the unity candle to stay lit. We tried twice. The marriage lasted two years. I've been married to my second husband now for eight years.
- The most impactful life lesson I learned from my dad is this: God doesn't hold us accountable for the way others treat us, he holds us accountable for the way we treat others.
- I get my tenacity, drive, passion for success and independence from my mom.
- I'm a bit of a hoarder but I really don't like to admit it. I get that from my dad LOL.
- I'm a perfectionist. There, I said it.
- I'm an introvert and get quickly exhausted if I'm around too many people for more than a couple of hours.
- I prefer warm, tropical weather. Eighty degrees and above. LOL.
- The biggest life lesson I've learned to date is this: Be authentic, always.
First, let me say a big CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement. You are about to embark on one of the most exciting and significant life changing events of your life - marriage. Whether this is your first, second, third or fourth time down the aisle it doesn't matter. The anticipation is the same.
I've been ordained since May 2015 and I'm humbled that you're considering Instant I Do to be apart of your big day.
The average cost of a wedding in Texas is $30,000! The great news is that a Wedding Officiant is a minimal part of that cost. Make sure you checked out the PRICING under the pricing tab.
I specialize in performing small to mid-sized ceremonies to couples who don't have a church affiliation or who prefer not to be married in a church. I’ve served Muslims, Christians, Buddhist's and those without an affiliation. My ceremonies are fun, engaging, unique, romantic, customized typically under 30 minutes. I allow plenty of flexibility for you to incorporate elements that express your personalities and values. Whether its a traditional or non-traditional ceremony, a spiritual or non-spiritual ceremony an elopement or vow renewal, I'm happy to serve you. I average 2 – 3 weddings per month, which are typically held on Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
I'll have a few questions for you such as: 1) Do you want to write your own vows (if so I can help you with that), 2) Will you exchange rings, 3) Is there anyone you want to acknowledge who is deceased, 4) Would you like a prayer before and/or after the ceremony, 5) Are there any special rituals or elements you want included, 6) Do you want to include your children in the ceremony? 7) Is this a same sex marriage? I'll also want o know your love story; how did you meet and your first impressions of each other. This helps me get to know you and to create a ceremony that's personalized and unique in ways you hadn't imagined. After all, who wants a dry, boring, typical service that has little meaning?
If this sounds like what you're looking for or if you have any questions whatsoever, please schedule yourself on my calendar for a no obligation phone appointment by clicking on the box below that says "Schedule Appointment" or you can email me 24/7 at firstname.lastname@example.org and you will hear back from me no later than the next day. If by chance you're interested in how I became a Wedding Officiant it's right here.